Hot air vaporizer (SKU: 7816)
Treatment with the oxalic acid evaporator is extremely effective against the Varroa mite. With only one vaporizer, 60 to 80 beehives can be treated in one hour. Each hive is treated with the same amount of oxalic acid (about 0.25 grams / hive) and at the same temperature. The oxalic acid is evaporated from below under constant pressure and constant temperature, whereby the colder air escapes within a few seconds in the hive. The hive is so completely penetrated by the steam, which exits through any small holes or cracks like smoke from a fireplace.
- Make sure the electrical parts are in perfect condition.
- Wear the prescribed safety guards: a nose and mouth mask (protective mask type UP3), glasses, gloves and overalls made of acid-resistant rubber.
- Unscrew the glass lid, fill the container inside with the prescribed quantity of oxalic acid (max 50 g) and close the lid again. Use only oxalic acid in crystals - no liquid oxalic acid!
- Plug the heater (2000 W power input) onto the evaporator and, if necessary, connect it via a current stabilizer to a 230V socket (a generator with at least 3 kW power can also be used).
- Turn on the heater at position 3 and heat to 280 ºC (sublimation of oxalic acid begins), wait a few minutes and select the desired operating temperature (about 200 ºC).
- Press the end part of the evaporator to the opened flight hole for about 15 seconds, the flight hole does not need to be closed after the treatment.
- After completing the treatment, switch off the heater and unplug it, clean the evaporator and remove any residual acid.
- 1 or 2 treatments for swallows or families without brood.
- Up to 4 treatments for families with brood, with one week each break between treatments.
- It should be noted that the oxalic acid does not enter the capped brood cells.
- The handling of oxalic acid requires great caution! Always wear nose mask, goggles, gloves, and acid-resistant rubber overalls.
- When used, the evaporator must always be kept level!
- During the treatment, the wind direction must be observed - it must not be worked against the wind!
- The evaporator must not be left in a closed room until it has completely cooled down and cleaned!
- Only oxalic acid in crystals may be used - no liquid oxalic acid!
- The evaporator must not come into contact with very humid air or liquids. In this case, both the heating resistor and the motor of the heater can cause problems.
Guarantee and purchase without risk
100% satisfaction guarantee
When you buy a honey extractor on our website you do not have to worry about whether you will be satisfied with the product. We guarantee a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if the product does not meet your expectations, you can return it within 14 days and we will refund the purchase price.
50% deposit, the rest after delivery
Since we want to make sure that you feel safe and undoubted when placing an order, we offer you the option of paying only 50% of the purchase price when ordering, and the remainder after delivery.
We believe and we know that the Logar honey extractor will absolutely delight you .
All honey extractors are tested before they leave the factory so they are guaranteed to function properly .
Honey extractors have up to 2 years warranty. In the event of a problem, Logar's development engineers will be available to advise you and provide the necessary replacement parts.
Payment methodsPayment by bank transfer or Master Card, Visa, American Express (Paypal).
The steps of an order
1. Put the desired items in the shopping cart and make the order. Write us your further wishes.
2. We check the order and send you the order confirmation.
3. You make a 10% down payment.
4. We prepare the ordered items and inform you when we can ship.
5. You will receive the ordered products and pay for the rest.
Ordering the items is very easy and convenient.
Request a quote
Do you need further information or a personally prepared offer? Send us a question and we will answer you as soon as possible.